Who We Are
Good Shepherd Baptist Missions is an independent Baptist ministry of helps that was founded in 1993 in memory of 16-year-old Robert Barnes, who was called home the day after he had dedicated his life to win souls. GSBM has grown from the initial helps ministry into several different avenues of ministry. Our great burden is to help keep soul-winners on the job. GSBM grew in this fashion:
- Starting in 1993 – When local church members volunteer to help with GSBM, they participate in a nationwide Networking of services, equipment, machinery, and finances to help God’s servants.
- When independent Baptist pastors, missionaries, evangelists, and full-time Christian workers experience vehicle breakdown on the road, we help by locating the nearest church that wants to provide Emergency Roadside Assistance.
- Temporary Emergency Housing will be located for missionaries, evangelists or full-time Christian workers.
- Starting in 1997, GSBM’s Missionary Training School became a tool to prepare missionaries for deputation and for the field. As of 2010, two-hundred five missionary families (both out of mission agencies and out of local churches) have attended the school which is held annually the week before Easter in Spencer, Ohio. At the same time the parents are in classes, missionary children attend their own classes teaching them how to deal with problems they face on deputation.
- In 2002, the first Pastors Training School was held in Spencer, Ohio. A year later Georgia was added, then Texas, and in 2006 the Canadian school was added. PTS provides intense practical training and encouragement for both new and veteran pastors. Bible colleges do not teach what Pastors Training School teaches.
How We Are Organized
D. H. Easter, as General Director, leads the Administrative Team in giving direction to the ministry and establishing policies for the efficient operation of GSBM.
GSBM is supported by faithful churches who agree to support through prayer and through finances. Financial integrity demands accountability. A yearly financial statement is available upon request.
We are Available
Upon the request of a local church, we will provide a team member to assist in conducting missions conferences. GSBM believes in communicating a strong biblical injunction to obey the Great Commission. Every effort will be made to motivate believers to become more interested in and involved in the missionary outreach of the local church.
For more information please write or call:
Good Shepherd Baptist Missions
D. H. Easter, General Director
1657 Magnolia Street
Alexander City, Alabama 35010-3418
Click on the menu links above and on the right for more information
about the ministries of Good Shepherd Baptist Missions.